Definition of Canada porcupine
: the porcupine (Erethizon dorsatus) of northeastern North America being about two feet long with barbed spines largely concealed in the coarse fur, feeding chiefly on bark and leaves, and sometimes causing considerable damage to isolated buildings which it gnaws for the salt and grease accumulated in their substance
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game