Definition of Cambridge
2 city in eastern Massachusetts on the north side of the Charles River across from Boston population 105,162
Note: Harvard University and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology are located in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
3 city in southeastern Ontario, Canada population 126,748; includes the former cities of Galt and Preston
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game