Definition of Cambridge
2 city in eastern Massachusetts on the north side of the Charles River across from Boston population 105,162
Note: Harvard University and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology are located in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
3 city in southeastern Ontario, Canada population 126,748; includes the former cities of Galt and Preston
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game