Cal·yp·tran·thes | \ ˌkalə̇pˈtran(ˌ)thēz\
Definition of Calyptranthes
: a large genus of tropical American aromatic shrubs or trees of the family Myrtaceae with evergreen leathery leaves and small flowers in which the top of the calyx falls away like a calyptra — see white stopper
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game