California pitcher plantnoun
Definition of California pitcher plant
: a marsh or bog herb (Darlingtonia californica) of the family Sarraceniaceae having leaves formed into a curved hood, the circular orifice at one side of the hood being covered by a 2-forked appendage
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game