Definition of Calgary
city on the Bow River in southern Alberta, Canada population 1,096,833
Note: Calgary was the host city of the Winter Olympic Games in 1988 and is the site of the annual Calgary Stampede rodeo.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game