Definition of Calcasieu
river 200 miles (322 kilometers) long in southwestern Louisiana flowing through Calcasieu Lake (about 15 miles, or 24 kilometers, long) and Calcasieu Pass (channel 5 miles, or 8 kilometers, long) into the Gulf of Mexico
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/18/19
- Noah Webster's Spelling Wins and Fails
- The Disputed Origins of the 'Egg Cream'
- At the Root of ‘Cubicle’
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game