Ca·hi·ta | \ kəˈhētə\
plural Cahita or Cahitas
Definition of Cahita
1a : a Taracahitian people of southwestern Sonora and northwestern Sinaloa, Mexico, the only survivors being the Mayo and Yaqui
b : a member of such people
2 : the language of the Cahita people
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game