Ca·bom·ba | \ kəˈbämbə\
Definition of Cabomba
: a small genus of American aquatic plants (family Nymphaeaceae) comprising the water shield and having minute white or yellow flowers and submerged dissected leaves as well as peltate floating ones
Keep scrolling for more
standardized text or formulaic language
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game