variants: or Cabeiri \ kəˈbīrē , -bīˌrī \
Definition of Cabiri
: a group of ancient Greek deities of Phrygian probably chthonic origin whose mysteries of Samothrace were second in repute only to the Eleusinian mysteries
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game