plural C-pillars also C-posts
Definition of C-pillar
: either one of two support posts that connect a vehicle's roof to its body at the rear of the rear door in a four-door vehicle or at the rear of a two-door vehicle The 2¹/₂-in.-shorter hood, the stretched out C-pillar and the elevation of the trunk …— Don Chaikin, Popular Mechanics, October 1999
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/18/19
- Noah Webster's Spelling Wins and Fails
- The Disputed Origins of the 'Egg Cream'
- At the Root of ‘Cubicle’
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game