Bur·chell's zebra | \ ˈbərchəlz-\
Definition of Burchell's zebra
: a zebra (Equus burchelli) of the plains of central or eastern Africa with stripes continuing onto the belly but the legs nearly or wholly unstriped — see chapman's zebra , grant's zebra
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game