Definition of Bunomastodontidae
in former classifications
: a family of extinct mastodons with trefoils or conelets of enamel in the valleys between the main crests of the molars that is now considered invalid because it is based on no type and is replaced in modern taxonomy by the family Gomphotheriidae
Keep scrolling for more
standardized text or formulaic language
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game