Bul·bo·chae·te | \ ˌbəlbōˈkētē\
Definition of Bulbochaete
: a genus of freshwater green algae (family Oedogoniaceae) having muchbranched filaments with each cell bearing a long hair with a bulbous base
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- It's a Scorcher! Words for the Summer Heat
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?