Buck·leya | \ ˈbəklēə\
Definition of Buckleya
: a small genus of Asian and American partly parasitic shrubs (family Santalaceae) with opposite leaves, small greenish flowers, and an oily nutlike drupe
Note: While shrubs of the genus Buckleya are photosynthetic, they are also parastic on the roots of other plants.
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game