Buck·leya | \ ˈbəklēə\
Definition of Buckleya
: a small genus of Asian and American partly parasitic shrubs (family Santalaceae) with opposite leaves, small greenish flowers, and an oily nutlike drupe
Note: While shrubs of the genus Buckleya are photosynthetic, they are also parastic on the roots of other plants.
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/18/19
- Noah Webster's Spelling Wins and Fails
- The Disputed Origins of the 'Egg Cream'
- At the Root of ‘Cubicle’
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game