Definition of Brussels
city and capital of Belgium population 163,210
Note: The city of Brussels is part of Greater Brussels, officially called the Brussels-Capital Region, which along with Flanders and Wallonia is one of the three major political divisions of Belgium.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game