Definition of Brunei
1 independent sultanate and former British protectorate in northwestern Borneo divided into two noncontiguous parts, both of which border on the South China Sea and are surrounded on three sides by Malaysia; capital Bandar Seri Begawan area 2226 square miles (5765 square kilometers), population 406,200
2 — see bandar seri begawan
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?