variants: or Britpop
Definition of Brit-pop
: British pop music specifically : a style of British rock music of the 1990s suggesting a reaction against American grunge and typically featuring catchy melodies and lyrics with distinctively British references Twenty-six-year-old Nashvillian, Belmont graduate and music fan Dave Henton grew up on the Britpop and indie rock of the '90s. — D. Patrick Rodgers, Nashville Scene, 25 Oct. 2012 —often used before another noun Brit-pop music a former Brit-pop rocker
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Do You 'Rein In' or 'Reign In' Something?
- Tiger Mom, Helicopter Parent, and More Words for Parenting Types
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 6/21/19
- An Overview of the Contronym 'Overlook'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game