Bret·ta·no·my·ces | \ ˈbretᵊnōˈmīˌsēz\
Definition of Brettanomyces
: a genus of molds (family Moniliaceae) that are sometimes included in the genus Candida, are active in the secondary fermentation of beers, and are responsible for some cases of beer spoilage
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- It's a Scorcher! Words for the Summer Heat
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?