variants: or less commonly Brazil tea
Definition of Brazilian tea
: any of several subsitutes for tea: such as
a : the dried leaves of a tropical shrub (Lantana pseudothea)
b : the dried leaves of either of two tropical plants (Stachytarpheta indica and S. jamaicensis)
c : maté sense 2
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game