Bra·vais lattice | \ ˈbraˌvā-; brəˈvā-, braˈ-\
Definition of Bravais lattice
: one of the 14 possible arrays of points used especially in crystallography and repeated periodically in 3-dimensional space so that the arrangement of points about any one of the points is identical in every respect (as in dimension and orientation) to that about any other point of the array — compare space lattice
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Do You 'Rein In' or 'Reign In' Something?
- Tiger Mom, Helicopter Parent, and More Words for Parenting Types
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 6/21/19
- An Overview of the Contronym 'Overlook'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game