\ ˈbrag-, -aa-, -ai-\
Definition of Bragg reflection
: the action of a crystal in reflecting X rays or particle waves (such as electrons or neutrons) in a manner analogous to that of a reflection grating upon light incident at a suitable angle — compare bragg's law
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game