Bra·con·i·dae | \ brəˈkänəˌdē\
Definition of Braconidae
: a large family of small, usually black or brown parasitoid hymenopterous insects that are related to the ichneumon wasps, have a relatively short abdomen, and are parasitic chiefly on the larvae of aphids, beetles, moths, and butterflies
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game