Bo·vi·dae | \ ˈbōvəˌdē\
Definition of Bovidae
: a large family of ruminants containing the true antelopes, oxen, sheep, and goats, distinguished from the deer family by the polycotyledonary placenta, the hollow nondeciduous unbranched horns, and by the nearly universal presence of a gallbladder
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Do You 'Rein In' or 'Reign In' Something?
- Tiger Mom, Helicopter Parent, and More Words for Parenting Types
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 6/21/19
- An Overview of the Contronym 'Overlook'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game