Bosnia and Herzegovinageographical name
Definition of Bosnia and Herzegovina
independent state comprising the historical regions of Bosnia and Herzegovina and now divided on the basis of ethnicity and religion into the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina, which shares its western and southern borders with Croatia , and the Republika Srpska, which shares its northern border with Croatia and its eastern border with Montenegro and Serbia; capital Sarajevo area 19,772 square miles (51,209 square kilometers), population 3,831,555
Note: Bosnia and Herzegovina was a federated republic of Yugoslavia from 1946 to 1992.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game