Definition of Bohr magneton
: a magneton based on quantum theory equal to about 927.4×10−26 joule per tesla per particle States near the energy gap are predicted to have an orbital magnetic moment … that is much larger than the Bohr magneton (the magnetic moment of an electron due to its spin).— E. D. Minot et al., Nature, 1 Apr. 2004
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- It's a Scorcher! Words for the Summer Heat
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?