\ ˈbland-, -aa(ə)nd- \
plural Bland dollars
Definition of Bland dollar
: the U.S. silver dollar of 412¹/₂ grains troy that was coined under the Bland-Allison Act of 1878 which provided for the free coinage of silver
Note: Designed by George T. Morgan, the Bland dollar later became known as the Morgan dollar.
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Words of the Week - 6/18/21
- The Disparity Between 'Desperate' and 'Disparate'
- An Impartial View of 'Fair' and 'Fare'
- A Guide to Em Dashes, En Dashes, and Hyphens
Ask the Editors
- Return of Name that Color! Take the quiz
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game