Definition of Black Russian
: a cocktail made of vodka and coffee liqueur The guy who looked like a construction worker was drinking Black Russians.— Stephen King, Nightmares & Dreamscapes, 1993 — compare white russian
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?