Definition of blucher
(Entry 1 of 2)
: a shoe having the tongue and vamp cut in one piece and the quarters lapped over the vamp and laced together for closing
Definition of Blücher (Entry 2 of 2)
Gebhard Leberecht von 1742–1819 prince of Wahlstatt Prussian field marshal
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?