Bi·tis | \ ˈbītə̇s\
Definition of Bitis
: a genus of African vipers including the Old World puff adder, the Gaboon viper, and a few other heavy-bodied rather sluggish venomous snakes
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game