Bir·ke·nia | \ bərˈkēnēə\
Definition of Birkenia
: a genus (the type of the family Birkeniidae of the order Anaspida) of Upper Silurian ostracoderms having no cephalic armor and having the body covered with small scales
Keep scrolling for more
to form ideas or theories about something
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game