Big·no·ni·a·ce·ae | \ big-ˌnō-nē-ˈā-sē-ˌē\
Definition of Bignoniaceae
: a family of trees, shrubs, woody vines, or occasionally herbs (order Polemoniales) growing widely in the tropics, a few in temperate regions, and having opposite or occasionally alternate leaves and irregular showy flowers with 2 or 4 stamens
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?