Definition of Big Bertha
1 : a German gun of large bore or of long range used in World War I
2a : something large or cumbersome of its kind —used especially of machines or tools
b : something effective at long range —used especially of cameras and photographic lenses
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?