Definition of BiPAP
bilevel positive airway pressure Both CPAP and BiPAP have demonstrated decreased intubation rates for patients with acute cardiogenic pulmonary edema …— Eric Hawkins et al. By reducing the pressure on expiration, BIPAP lowers the resistance against which the patient must exhale.— Christian Guilleminault and Michael Zupamcic
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game