variants: or besser block
plural Besser blocks or besser blocks
Definition of Besser block
: cinder block sense 2 Against all the acoustic probabilities of grey Besser blocks and steel framing, the winery encourages the sounds of instruments and voices to bloom.— Roger Covell, Sydney Morning Herald, 2 Dec. 1994 Each yard had a quota of car wrecks perched on Besser blocks or tree stumps.— Russell Skelton, King Brown Country: The Betrayal of Papunya, 2010 Besser blocks and beaten copper panels were a crude attempt to create privacy …— Karen McCartney, Iconic Australian Houses, 2007 The impact demolished the cement besser block wall and left a gaping hole in the store, which was empty at the time.— Kate Lemmon, The Queensland Times, 30 Aug. 2012
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game