variants: or Bessel's star numbers
Definition of Bessel's day numbers
: four numbers, A, B, C, D, constant for all stars, whose logarithms are tabulated for different dates and used in calculating the apparent change in right ascension and declination for any date from any date
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
- Words We're Watching: 'Lewk'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
- Words We're Watching: 'Nibling'
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game