Be·ryc·i·dae | \ bə-ˈri-sə-ˌdē\
Definition of Berycidae
: a family of fishes that have a narrow compressed body and thoracic ventral fins, are usually black or bright scarlet, and live chiefly in rather deep water
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game