Definition of Bermuda lily
: a lily that is a variety (Lilium longiflorum eximium) of the white trumpet lily with flowers green tinged toward the base and with a long narrow tube the upper part of which flares like a trumpet formerly much cultivated in Bermuda and sold as an Easter lily
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game