Definition of Bermuda lily
: a lily that is a variety (Lilium longiflorum eximium) of the white trumpet lily with flowers green tinged toward the base and with a long narrow tube the upper part of which flares like a trumpet formerly much cultivated in Bermuda and sold as an Easter lily
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game