Definition of Benedictus
1 : a canticle from Luke 1:68 beginning "Blessed be the Lord God of Israel"
2 : a canticle from Matthew 21:9 beginning "Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord"
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game