Definition of Bellini
(Entry 1 of 3)
Note: The cocktail has long been associated with Harry's Bar, a Venice drinking establishment and restaurant, where it was allegedly invented by the restaurant's original proprietor Giuseppe Cipriani (died 1980) in the 1930's or '40's (though the word is apparently only known in print from 1956). Periodicals from the 1960's mention other drinks served at Harry's Bar that were named after painters, such as the "Tiziano" and "Giorgione," suggesting that no particular reason may have motivated the choice of Bellini for this drink.
Bellinibiographical name (1)
Definition of Bellini (Entry 2 of 3)
Bellinibiographical name (2)
Definition of Bellini (Entry 3 of 3)
Keep scrolling for more
Words from Greek and Latin Quiz
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game