Bel·i·nu·rus | \ ˌbe-lə-ˈn(y)u̇r-əs\
Definition of Belinurus
: a genus (the type of the family Belinuridae) of Devonian and Carboniferous arthropods related to the modern horseshoe crab
Keep scrolling for more
a sum of money that is sent as a payment
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game