Definition of Beefmaster
: any of a breed of beef cattle developed in Texas and Colorado that is approximately ¹/₂ Brahman, ¹/₄ Shorthorn, and ¹/₄ Hereford Because of hardiness the Beefmaster will cost you less to produce by eliminating some management problems like: hoof rot, pinkeye, insect and parasite problems. — Arkansas Cattle Business, January 1986 A mile ahead of the herdsmen a bawling mob of about 50 Beefmasters milled in a cloud of dust.— Evan Moore, Houston Chronicle, 2 Jan. 1994
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game