Bat·ra·cho·sper·mum | \ ¦ba‧trə(ˌ)kō¦spərməm\
Definition of Batrachospermum
: a genus (the type of the family Batrachospermaceae) of red algae of the order Nemalionales found in slow-moving fresh waters and having a thallus that consists of a conspicuous central axis bearing transverse whorls of short branches at regular intervals
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game