Definition of Bartlett
(Entry 1 of 3)
: a pear that has yellowish-green or sometimes red skin and whitish flesh and is the principal commercially produced pear in the U.S.
Definition of Bartlett (Entry 2 of 3)
John 1820–1905 American publisher and editor
Definition of Bartlett (Entry 3 of 3)
1 village in northeastern Illinois west of Chicago population 41,208
2 city in southwestern Tennessee population 54,613
Note: Bartlett is a suburb of Memphis.
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Do You 'Rein In' or 'Reign In' Something?
- Tiger Mom, Helicopter Parent, and More Words for Parenting Types
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 6/21/19
- An Overview of the Contronym 'Overlook'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game