Bam·bu·sa | \ bamˈbyüsə\
Definition of Bambusa
: a genus (tribe Bambuseae) comprising typical bamboos that are woody or arborescent grasses native to the warmer parts of Asia, Africa, and South America sometimes attaining a height of 120 feet, growing in clumps, and having spikelets bearing several flowers
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?