Baltic Seageographical name
Definition of Baltic Sea
arm of the Atlantic in northern Europe enclosed by Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, and Germany and connected with the North Sea by Oresund Strait area about 160,000 square miles (256,000 square kilometers)
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?