Bal·a·noph·o·ra·ce·ae | \ ˌbaləˌnäfəˈrāsēˌē\
Definition of Balanophoraceae
: a family of yellow or red tropical root parasitic dicotyledonous plants related to and sometimes included among the Santalales
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game