Bal·a·no·glos·sus | \ -səs\
Definition of Balanoglossus
: a genus of marine burrowing wormlike animals that because of certain vertebratelike characters are not usually classed as chordates and made with certain closely related forms (such as Dolichoglossus) to constitute an order (Enteropneusta) of the Hemichorda
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Words We're Watching: 'Samesies'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/18/19
- Noah Webster's Spelling Wins and Fails
- The Disputed Origins of the 'Egg Cream'
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game