Bal·a·no·glos·sus | \ -səs\
Definition of Balanoglossus
: a genus of marine burrowing wormlike animals that because of certain vertebratelike characters are not usually classed as chordates and made with certain closely related forms (such as Dolichoglossus) to constitute an order (Enteropneusta) of the Hemichorda
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Bounty Hunter': A Hollywood Invention
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
- Words We're Watching: 'Lewk'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game