Bai·era | \ ˈbīərə\
Definition of Baiera
: a genus of fossil gymnosperms (family Ginkgoaceae) that are known from the Trias to the Lower Cretaceous and are considered by some paleobotanists to be ancestors of the fossil and surviving ginkgoes
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?