Ba·dis | \ ˈbādə̇s \
Definition of Badis
: a genus of small freshwater fishes (family Nandidae) including an Indian species (B. badis) that is yellowish brown with iridescent blue markings and a transparent tail and that is favored in tropical aquariums
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Words of the Week - 6/18/21
- The Disparity Between 'Desperate' and 'Disparate'
- An Impartial View of 'Fair' and 'Fare'
- A Guide to Em Dashes, En Dashes, and Hyphens
Ask the Editors
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game