Bac·tris | \ ˈbaktrə̇s\
Definition of Bactris
: a large genus of tropical American pinnate-leaved usually spiny palms (family Palmae) with small fruit consisting of a fibrous pulp enclosing a hard, mostly oily, and sometimes edible nut
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?